Hey folks, welcome to my page. I’m a software developer and enjoy programming as a hobby too. I like sci-fi tv shows and comedies. I’m a computer enthusiast and a huge star wars fan. My favourite products are made by Asus and Razer. I’ve got a small Youtube channel where I upload Star Wars Gameplay from SWTOR :). Getting into video editing with Davinci Resolve.
Kingston University, London (2009 - 2013) - Software Engineering (BSc Honours Degree First Class).
Carshalton College, London (2007 - 2009) - Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnical Services.
Overton Grange, London (2001 – 2006) - 9 GCSE’s including English, Maths, Science.
Software Engineer, Reed Business Information (RELX Group) (Oct 2015 - Present)
Working with ASP.NET MVC, DI (Unity, Castle etc), TypeScript, Knockout.js, Dapper.NET, EF, NHibernate, Agile Development, CI, AWS, Puppet and Powershell. TeamCity, JIRA and Confluence.
Managing and configuring builds and deployments with Puppet, TeamCity and Powershell.
Software Developer, Geeks Ltd (Aug 2013 – Sep 2015)
Building bespoke solutions with ASP.NET, C#, TypeScript, ADO.NET / EF, jQuery, LESS, WebAPI 2, TPL, Agile Development, Code Generation tooling, AWS, Azure
Junior Analyst Programmer, TTNG (Jul 2011 – Jul 2012)
Skills included C#, ASP.NET MVC 4, NHibernate and Entity Framework, Dependency Injection with Spring.NET & Ninject, SOAP/XML Web Services, Threaded applications using .NET TPL, exposed to SOA design and Agile Development through use of JIRA. Applied jQuery, CSS, XHTML and Selenium Web Driver Testing with .NET using Chrome, Firefox and IE.
Workshop Assistant, Kingston University (Sep 2010 – Apr 2011)
Assisted a senior lecturer with Ruby on Rails lectures and workshops, invigilated the Ruby on Rails Examinations for first year students.
- Understands Dependency Injection, IoC, well structured layered services.
- POCO Entities with no business logic attached.
- Usage of ORMS such as EntityFramework and full usage of Transactions
- Well defined service interfaces, abstract classes, fakes, mocks.
- How to avoid tightly coupled code and low-cohesion.
- Full use of Dto’s and ViewModels with mappings, such as AutoMapper.
- Adopts SOLID design principles.
- Provides the appropriate tooling such as the latest Visual Studio, Resharper, DotCover.
- Continuous Integration build-server with a product such as TeamCity to maintain all projects.
- Provides good tools for team communication such as HipChat, Skype, Google Hangouts.
- ASP.NET MVC 5+, WebAPI, TypeScript, AngualrJS
- Uses GitHub / Bitbucket for proper version control.
- Use of commit commenting / source commenting support, pull request reviewing, CI built in.
- Bug tracking system such as Mantis or products from Atlassian or equivalent.
- Training to keep with the latest patterns, practices and trends in the industry.
- Development life-cycle for requirements gathering, wire-framing, estimations and meetings.
- Weekly / bi-weekly code reviews for teams to maintain a higher quality code base.
- Agile and waterfall project management depending on the client, scale and time frame.
- Use of Visual Studio or other tooling for Performance Profiling applications.
- UAT/Pre-Production capable of managing projects efficiently and effectively.
- Running Windows 8+ / Windows Server 2012 / IIS8
I hold a full clean UK driver’s license.
I enjoy the gym and golf.
I can type pretty fast.